Deep Space 15
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Station Deep Space 15

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

As the night wears on

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Da-an

Da-an

As the night wears on Empty
PostSubject: As the night wears on   As the night wears on EmptyFri May 16, 2014 10:34 pm

Val Etilen wrote:
Val looked down at the tendril and turned his wrist under it curiously.  
"It's a bit of a port city.  The last few weeks have been a trickle of activity, but since this interplanetary summit, it's been quite the adventure.  Especially for me.. there are quite a few races I've never encountered before.  And I like trying new things."

"Oh? What kind of races have you tried?" said Da-an. With no discernible lips, it was difficult to tell if Da-an was smiling, but their inflection was at least flirtatious, although still oddly buzzing.
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: As the night wears on   As the night wears on EmptyFri May 16, 2014 10:40 pm

Val covered his mouth with mock modesty.
"That would be telling, Da-an. Though I will say I've only ever had humanoids."
Back to top Go down
Da-an

Da-an

PostSubject: Re: As the night wears on   As the night wears on EmptyFri May 16, 2014 11:38 pm

"But I bet you have fascinating stories!" said Da-an.
"I mostly stay in greenhouses, I don't have the opportunity to see very many things," they paused, "I just like to live vicariously through anecdotes."
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: As the night wears on   As the night wears on EmptyFri May 16, 2014 11:41 pm

"Well... I can tell you some stories, but... there comes a time when one must learn by doing," Val said with intent. "Does your species reproduce sexually at all?"
Back to top Go down
Da-an

Da-an

PostSubject: Re: As the night wears on   As the night wears on EmptyFri May 16, 2014 11:43 pm

"Through cross-pollination," said Da-an. "Stimulation for the purpose of pleasure is a separate matter."
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: As the night wears on   As the night wears on EmptyFri May 16, 2014 11:48 pm

"I'm glad to hear it is not unheard of," Val said. "Oh.. I am a male of my species. In case you didn't know. Do your people have genders?"
Back to top Go down
Da-an

Da-an

PostSubject: Re: As the night wears on   As the night wears on EmptySat May 17, 2014 12:02 am

"We are both genders, and neither. We possess the ability to pollinate, and be pollinated. I know you're a male. You're not the first humanoid I've been around," they said defensively.
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: As the night wears on   As the night wears on EmptySat May 17, 2014 12:11 am

"Well! Excuse me," Val grinned, liking this exchange of information. "I suppose I am not the first humanoid you've propositioned either."
Back to top Go down
Da-an

Da-an

PostSubject: Re: As the night wears on   As the night wears on EmptySat May 17, 2014 12:18 am

"Not exactly, no," said Da-an. "There aren't a lot of Phylosians left, I can't afford to be that exclusive about my company."
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: As the night wears on   As the night wears on EmptySat May 17, 2014 12:22 am

"Oh," Val said, sobering a bit. "May I ask why you are so rare? You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."
Back to top Go down
Da-an

Da-an

PostSubject: Re: As the night wears on   As the night wears on EmptySat May 17, 2014 12:45 am

"You might call it a strain of bad luck, or the price we pay for being members of the galactic community. By way of space travel, a plague was brought back to our planet which nearly demolished us. The Federation has sent scientists but none have been able to cure the plague or help us recover the loss of genetic diversity. It doesn't sadden me to tell you. All that remains for me now is to procure a legacy for myself and my species during whatever time I am permitted to live. There's nothing else left."
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: As the night wears on   As the night wears on EmptySat May 17, 2014 12:49 am

Val gasped, the situation reminding him of a story he heard once, but he couldn't quite remember details. "One of the human aid workers I met as a child told me about something like this... that an isolated species, or even an isolated community - can be devastated by an infection which is mild in a visitor. I think it must have happend on Earth too."
Back to top Go down
Da-an

Da-an

PostSubject: Re: As the night wears on   As the night wears on EmptySat May 17, 2014 12:55 am

"Some geneticists have tried to retain our species, but our physiology is complicated, and clones have had a poor success rate. The circumstances must be right, and we can only propagate on Phylos II due to the specific soil content. This is all bleak conversation for the evening, however."
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: As the night wears on   As the night wears on EmptySat May 17, 2014 1:05 am

Val smiled. "Sorry. Well, you will have to educate me on the particulars of Phry.. losian pleasures."
Back to top Go down
Da-an

Da-an

PostSubject: Re: As the night wears on   As the night wears on EmptySat May 17, 2014 1:19 am

"We enjoy friction, tightness, and suction around our tentillum," said Da-an, waving a small tentacle in the air for emphasis.
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: As the night wears on   As the night wears on EmptySat May 17, 2014 1:31 am

Val actually felt a flutter of shock at the mildness with which Da-an answered him, and that was rather exciting. He placed his hand at the collar of his shirt and toyed with it.
"Well... I'm glad I won't be a complete novice, then."
Back to top Go down
Da-an

Da-an

PostSubject: Re: As the night wears on   As the night wears on EmptySat May 17, 2014 2:28 am

"You strike me as adept at your job, I'm sure you can handle yourself well," they said. "I'm looking forward to my station tour," they said, finishing their third water. "But for the night, I must rest under a spectrum lamp. I'll see you tomorrow."
As they walked away, one single tendril stroked the line of Val's jaw, tickling him under his chin.
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: As the night wears on   As the night wears on EmptySat May 17, 2014 2:36 am

"I'll see you on the Promenade," Val said with a grin. "Good night."
Val finished his Kanar slowly, pondering what was to come. Well, this is why he moved off-world. To see new things, to meet new people, to stroke new appendages.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As the night wears on   As the night wears on Empty

Back to top Go down

As the night wears on
Page 1 of 1