Deep Space 15
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Station Deep Space 15

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Another Day, Another Drink

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

Another Day, Another Drink - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day, Another Drink   Another Day, Another Drink - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 7:08 pm

Rai raised a recently replaced glass of brandy. "To hopes and expectations," he said. "You'll have your answers, soon enough."
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Another Day, Another Drink   Another Day, Another Drink - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 7:10 pm

"To answers," T'Pren replied with grave humor, giving Rai a thin but genuine smile. She tipped back the rest of her brandy and set the cup down in front of her before turning her attention fully to the Captain. "If I ask how you are really, is it still deflecting or will you answer me now?"
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Another Day, Another Drink   Another Day, Another Drink - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 7:27 pm

"I'm alright," he said softly. "Everything is coming together for me much faster than I expected at my age. I'm proud. Overwhelmed, but also proud."
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Another Day, Another Drink   Another Day, Another Drink - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 7:31 pm

"You should be proud," T'Pren replied with a little more of that fierceness from earlier. Rai could no doubt feel her pride for him flaring warm in her chest. There was a brief uncertainty that followed it, and for a moment she looked like she might have something else to say, but she decided against it. "We're not nearly drunk enough," she determined seriously.
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Another Day, Another Drink   Another Day, Another Drink - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 7:54 pm

"Yes, maybe not," he said. "Do you want to do shots?"
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Another Day, Another Drink   Another Day, Another Drink - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 7:56 pm

And just like that, T'Pren's whole face lit up. She looked, in that moment, perfectly happy. "Do I!" Her grin was a delighted one. "You pick."
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Another Day, Another Drink   Another Day, Another Drink - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:30 pm

"Aldebaran Whiskey?" he suggested. He was willing to drink something memory obliterating.
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Another Day, Another Drink   Another Day, Another Drink - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:31 pm

T'Pren's brows shot straight up at the suggestion. She studied Rai carefully for a moment before she agreed. "Okay, but we have to exercise moderation this time."
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Another Day, Another Drink   Another Day, Another Drink - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:33 pm

"Moderation," said Rai, putting his fingers in air quotes.
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Another Day, Another Drink   Another Day, Another Drink - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:36 pm

That bright grin was back, and despite the lieutenant's concern she laughed. "Fine," she declared reluctantly. "But only because we can't get nearly so drunk in public after tonight."

She gestured to Falten. "Two shots this time please." She shot a sideways look at the Captain. "Aldebaran whiskey."
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Another Day, Another Drink   Another Day, Another Drink - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 10:58 pm

Rai quickly pounded the tiny shot of amber fluid, made a face, and coughed slightly.
"Robust!" he said, with eyes watering.
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Another Day, Another Drink   Another Day, Another Drink - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 11:01 pm

Not one to be shown up, T'Pren threw her shot back as well...and then kept her mouth very tightly shut as she carefully made sure she kept it down. When she was sure of her victory, she wiped moisture from the corners of her eyes and looked a little disgusted as she asked Rai, "One more and then the Holosuites?"

The alcohol was apparently hitting her now because she suddenly added, "...Can I be there with Da-an? At least in the beginning? I mean, do I get a say in what happens in my quarters?"
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Another Day, Another Drink   Another Day, Another Drink - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 11:15 pm

"Of course you do. I just don't want you stuck in your quarters all day. You'll be in good hands-- tentacles-- with Da-an. They're very receptive."
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Another Day, Another Drink   Another Day, Another Drink - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 11:18 pm

"Won't let me work," T'Pren lamented with faux desolation, "won't let me mope in my quarters all day..." She shook her head and flagged Falten down again. "Two more please." When Falten gave them a look like she was about to cut them off, T'Pren immediately jumped in. "Last ones. And then we're leaving. This is our last night to be drunk in public." Falten, at least, seemed to understand that much and soon they had two more Aldebaran whiskies in front of them. The half-Vulcan frowned at her shot glass between her fingers. She was accusing this whiskey of being disgusting and it was guilty as charged.
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Another Day, Another Drink   Another Day, Another Drink - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 11:22 pm

Rai muscled down another shot with a gasp.
"Ugh, that's vile," he added. "Hey," he slurred.
"You wanna go touch the orb?"
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Another Day, Another Drink   Another Day, Another Drink - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 11:34 pm

It took a few moments after the second swig of what T'Pren was pretty sure might be the actual death of her before she collected herself enough to look askew at Rai. There was a swell of sadness, but riding that swell was a ship made of affection for her drunken Captain. She started to reach for his hand before remembering just where they were, and instead gave him a gentle smile. "We can do that when we're sober." Or never again. Never again was good too. "They have a whole thing about being worthy."

She slid off the stool and put a hand on the bar as her sensations of inebriation slammed into her. "That is...that is strong stuff," she coughed.

"Come on, Cap'n. Let's go pretend we're somewhere else. Where do we want to go tonight?"
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Another Day, Another Drink   Another Day, Another Drink - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 11:35 pm

She stopped quite suddenly and lowered her voice conspiratorially, heat flushing through her body. "You meant the Orb of Serenity, right, not...that wasn't a euphemism?"
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Another Day, Another Drink   Another Day, Another Drink - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 11:39 pm

He snorted. "Yeah, I meant the Serenity Orb," he snickered. "Where do you want to go?"
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Another Day, Another Drink   Another Day, Another Drink - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 11:42 pm

"I don't even...know what that would be an euphemism for..." T'Pren was saying, her nose scrunched up in confusion as she led the way through the bar to the corridor outside. "Swimming? Maybe swimming? I really want to take my clothes off."

[OOC: Continued in the Holosuites.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Day, Another Drink   Another Day, Another Drink - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Another Day, Another Drink
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3