Deep Space 15
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Station Deep Space 15

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Promotion Ceremony

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

The Promotion Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: The Promotion Ceremony   The Promotion Ceremony EmptyMon May 26, 2014 8:19 pm

The senior crew had lined up at 0600 hours. Rai didn’t want to force anyone into dress uniform, as the circumstances of receiving the commission of a warship were already heavy enough. Admiral Ross, still alive but graying, had arrived to deliver the Hippolyta. It was evident that Rai hadn’t slept in a few nights now, the circles under his eyes were deep and dark. He stood, shoulder to shoulder with Tal’Ara.
“It is with great honor that I bestow this promotion to Captain Rai,” said Admiral Ross. “He’s a decorated veteran, a skilled diplomat, and a great leader. I know he’ll do us all proud on the Hippolyta,” and with those words, he added the pip to his collar. Rai felt his face grow warm.
“It is with equal pleasure that I promote Lieutenant Commander Tal’Ara to the station of Commander. She and the Romulan Star Empire are fine partners to Starfleet, and with these new voyages, may our bonds of friendship grow stronger.
Rai cleared his throat. He had prepared a small speech.
“When I was growing up on Betazed, I came from the House of Peace Keepers, and I thought, in my youth, that I would never have to raise a finger to protect my world, that my life would be full of talks and bureaucracy. I surprised my parents when I joined Starfleet. A lot has happened since then. I’ve learned that the serenity I enjoyed comes at a great price, and that price is vigilance. I take the responsibility of the Hippolyta with great gravity and reverence. I also take the responsibility with excitement, that I am not alone. I have the finest crew that anyone could ask for, and together, we’ll secure the future that our descendants deserve, and this quadrant will be a better place for it.”

Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: The Promotion Ceremony   The Promotion Ceremony EmptyMon May 26, 2014 8:45 pm

Generally, T'Pren avoided constricting clothing as much as possible, having spent a good portion of her adolescence draped only in hospital gowns or basic Cardassian prison clothes. She loved her dress uniform, though. Loved it. It was uncomfortable and form-fitting and adorned and she delighted every time she was allowed to put it on her body. It made her feel official and reminded her of a picture she had loved as a child of Adlai wearing his.

She was also looking particularly relaxed and confident this morning. Her ears were not just exposed but practically an accessory to the uniform, pointed against an intricate series of braids that kept her hair back from her face in a particularly classy and professional manner. She stood at attention, the consummate officer, and watched the goings on with great interest and absolutely no expression.

But Rai could no doubt feel her surge of pride when he was awarded his pips, her desire to touch him in reassurance during his speech. And her discomfort and anxiety when Tal'Ara received her new commission.

And there at the back of her mind the whole time was an obsessive loop of need, a desperate curiosity of what was waiting for her in Tahain's report.
Back to top Go down
Tal'Ara

Tal'Ara

PostSubject: Re: The Promotion Ceremony   The Promotion Ceremony EmptyMon May 26, 2014 8:56 pm

This was almost too perfect. The foolish Federation was just making Tal'Ara's job easier.

As she stood there, shoulder to shoulder with the newly appointed Captain Rai, she beamed at the modest crowd looking up at her.

She wore the hideously uncomfortable Starfleet dress uniform, but wore her blue and green Tal Shiar shawl elegantly draped over her shoulders.

When Admiral Ross, the feeble old fool, pinned the new pip on her collar, she nodded, curtly.

Tal'Ara listened to the trite, prepared speech her new Captain recited. But she showed no visible eye-rolls, and clapped along with the crowd, like a good little subordinate.

After he was finished speaking, the attention turned towards her. She had a small speech prepared as well.

"Thank you, Admiral Ross, for this truly historic opportunity," she turned to the crowd, "For centuries, our great civilizations have been at odds, but now, for the first time, we are taking a step together in the same direction. We want the same thing - a lasting peace in the Alpha Quadrant. I am honored to be apart of this new chapter in our shared histories. I will do everything in my power, in conjunction with Captain Rai, to ensure the safety and prosperity of our station and our new ship, the USS Hippolyta - a ship with components form both of our cultures - a true symbol of our new found friendship."

She turned to Captain Rai, and courteously extended a hand - but before she did this, she cleared her mind totally of the mission, and focused simply on numbers.

Back to top Go down
Akhil

Akhil

PostSubject: Re: The Promotion Ceremony   The Promotion Ceremony EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 7:36 pm

Akhil watched the ceremony with a stony expression, his thick eyebrows deeply furrowed. New found friendship indeed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Promotion Ceremony   The Promotion Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

The Promotion Ceremony
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Deep Space 15 :: On Board DS15 :: Command-
Jump to: