Deep Space 15
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Station Deep Space 15

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Let's class this joint up a bit

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lorelei

Lorelei

Let's class this joint up a bit Empty
PostSubject: Let's class this joint up a bit   Let's class this joint up a bit EmptySat May 10, 2014 12:01 pm

All of Lorelei Furanda's appointments had been cancelled that day due to the station wide emergency. Normally, she would have been upset at the wasted day, to say nothing of the fighting goings on. But now, things were under control, only one of her precious antique Earth vases was broken beyond repair, and she had a free evening to herself which she knew exactly what to do with. She took extra care and time at her vanity, because for this little mission in particular she needed to make as good an impression as possible. She arranged her hair neatly and critically studied and adjusted her make-up in the mirror until she was satisfied. After lengthy deliberation in front of her wardrobe, she settled on a fitted dark green dress that brought out her eyes and left very little to the imagination. A delicate but memorable Risian orange blossom perfume was the final touch.

By the time she reached the bar, the place was full. People needed to drink after the day they've had, and Lorelei looked around with delight before confidently proceeding inside. It definitely had potential, she thought as she smiled to a few regulars in the crowd. It was already more lively and far more impressive than it's ever been under the management of that pitiful Hologram Joe, all it needed was some entertainment. DS15 might have a night life again after all. Lorelei spotted Val in conversation with a very pretty girl off in the corner and winked in greeting, but did not pause in her stride to the bar.

Her eyes sought out the new bartender as Lorelei perched on a stool as close to Lyfalten as possible. The bartender was very pretty, she thought, looking directly at her and smiling when she caught her eye. "Altarian Grand Premier, please," she said hopefully. Anything but that same repetition of terrible brandies.

Last edited by Lorelei on Sun May 11, 2014 12:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lyfalten zh'Undaag

Lyfalten zh'Undaag

PostSubject: Re: Let's class this joint up a bit   Let's class this joint up a bit EmptySat May 10, 2014 12:25 pm

Falten nodded with a little smile, her quick once-over a barely perceptible flicker of her white eyelashes.

"Lady's got good taste," She smiled as she ducked to the cooling unit below the display, lifting an unopened bottle and giving the cork a twist. One satisfying pop later, and light white steam rose from the chilled, open mouth of the bottle. A long stemmed, delicate flute appeared from beneath the bar as well, and soon a fine, pale amber bubbly was ready before Lorelei.

"Tab's on the commander tonight, enjoy."

Falten felt a hair underdressed compared to the high end courtesan - she radiated confidence and self-assured pride, and Falten could feel the purpose behind such a direct approach. Her antennae lifted.
Back to top Go down
Lorelei

Lorelei

PostSubject: Re: Let's class this joint up a bit   Let's class this joint up a bit EmptySat May 10, 2014 12:51 pm

"Thank you," Lorelei said with earnest gratification. She lifted the glass to her perfectly painted mouth and took a sip, enjoying it thoroughly. She lifted her eyes up at the bartender again, "It's wonderful. I'm so glad we finally have such a competent bartender at the Ceti Eel. You can't imagine how desperately we needed you." Lorelei smiled invitingly and extended her hand. "I'm Lorelei Furanda."
Back to top Go down
Lyfalten zh'Undaag

Lyfalten zh'Undaag

PostSubject: Re: Let's class this joint up a bit   Let's class this joint up a bit EmptySat May 10, 2014 1:06 pm

Falten smiled, though she retained the distance in her eyes. Friendly customers could be friendly for multiple reasons. She wasn't getting a bad vibe off this one, though - just high class and looking for something. Expectant, waiting, and it involved Falten. Interesting.

"Good to know I'm appreciated around here - HJ is a useless shit piece of programming, poor guy." She glanced over at the panel where HJ floated, muted but still flickering. "And the power surge only made it worse. I can imagine it was a shitshow trying to get anything around here."

She reached her hand over the bar as well, accepting the handshake with a firm and welcoming hold.

"I just go by Falten."

Back to top Go down
Lorelei

Lorelei

PostSubject: Re: Let's class this joint up a bit   Let's class this joint up a bit EmptySat May 10, 2014 1:17 pm

Lorelei liked the firmness of Falten's handshake, and the tough way with which the bartender carried herself. She took another sip of the champagne. "Well, clearly I'm not the only person who appreciates the Ceti Eel's revival. The night life here has been... lacking. We try to provide the occasional fun evening of entertainment at the bath house - where I work - but I think there is a demand for something... more regular." She turned back to the bartender. "What do you think?"
Back to top Go down
Lyfalten zh'Undaag

Lyfalten zh'Undaag

PostSubject: Re: Let's class this joint up a bit   Let's class this joint up a bit EmptySat May 10, 2014 1:25 pm

"I think it'll clean up just fine in here, with a regular crowd." She smiled and looked around the bar, something akin to pride in her eyes.

Falten's white brow arched at the inquiry, intrigued. There was the expectation, the request of her. And she'd seen bath house written all over this Risan. Too well-kempt for a private practice, as it were.

"Entertainment? What'd you have in mind?" This could be very interesting.
Back to top Go down
Lorelei

Lorelei

PostSubject: Re: Let's class this joint up a bit   Let's class this joint up a bit EmptySat May 10, 2014 1:34 pm

"Well, I'm a singer. Don't worry," Lorelei added with amusement, "I'm not a hopeful looking for her first big break. I was trained on Risa, and I've yet to have a complaint after a patron's heard me." Lorelei straightened in her seat and brushed back a lock of hair, showing off her exposed shoulders and cleavage casually. "And it looks lie you already have a stage. All it needs... is filling." Her gaze washed over Falten warmly as she ever so slightly raised her eyebrows.

Last edited by Lorelei on Sun May 11, 2014 12:11 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lyfalten zh'Undaag

Lyfalten zh'Undaag

PostSubject: Re: Let's class this joint up a bit   Let's class this joint up a bit EmptySat May 10, 2014 1:46 pm

Falten gave a short laugh, though it was far from unpleasant.

"I don't need a resume, songbird." She smiled and gave her another, more thorough once over. She was certainly preening and flashing all of her assets to make a point, but Falten didn't need them. "Stage is up for grabs - was pretty dusty with HJ in charge down here -" She shot the hologram another exasperated and amused look. "We can give you a trial run for a couple nights a week, see what kind of crowd you get, see if it'll work as a regular gig." She smiled, this time with her eyes as well. Her antennae dipped gently.

"I'm not picky about the kind of entertainment that goes on up there," She tilted her head, looking at the empty stage through the heads of the various people milling about. "Catch my drift? It's all... what's that human saying... it's all kosher in my book." She looked back to Lorelai. "No blood, no cheapskate under the table deals, and no shitty acts. Those are my rules."
Back to top Go down
Lorelei

Lorelei

PostSubject: Re: Let's class this joint up a bit   Let's class this joint up a bit EmptySat May 10, 2014 1:56 pm

Lorelei's face lit up. "Then we are on the same page. I promise you won't be disappointed." She picked up her glass. "Toast on it?"
Back to top Go down
Lyfalten zh'Undaag

Lyfalten zh'Undaag

PostSubject: Re: Let's class this joint up a bit   Let's class this joint up a bit EmptySat May 10, 2014 2:12 pm

Falten nodded and gave another small smile, pouring a second flute of champagne and lifting it between them.

"To the Eel and an entertaining future, Miss Lorelei Furanda. As the humans say, 'slainte.'"
Back to top Go down
Lorelei

Lorelei

PostSubject: Re: Let's class this joint up a bit   Let's class this joint up a bit EmptySun May 11, 2014 12:17 am

"Santé," Lorelei echoed, squinting like a content cat as their glasses clinked together. She effortlessly downed the rest of her champagne and wrinkled her nose with pleasure. This had been easier than she anticipated. "I would love another," Lorelei said, "And I hope you'll visit the bath house sometime and let me take care of you as you are of me."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's class this joint up a bit   Let's class this joint up a bit Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's class this joint up a bit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Deep Space 15 :: On Board DS15 :: The Ceti Eel-
Jump to: