Deep Space 15
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Station Deep Space 15

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Station Counselor Akhil, son of Sirtis

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Akhil

Akhil

Station Counselor Akhil, son of Sirtis Empty
PostSubject: Station Counselor Akhil, son of Sirtis   Station Counselor Akhil, son of Sirtis EmptyFri May 09, 2014 3:36 pm

Name: Akhil, son of Sirtis.
Race: Half-Klingon, half-human
Birthplace: Qo'noS

Sexual Orientation: Bisexual. He finds love noble and honorable no matter how it presents itself.

Appearance: Akhil strongly exhibits the Klingon side of his heritage, standing at a lumbering 6' 4" and wide enough to make civilians flatten themselves against the wall when walking down station halls. He has long dark hair and a beard, pronounced forehead ridges and several scars acquired during the Dominion wars (and everyday Klingon interaction), the most visible of which cuts across his left eyebrow.

History: Akhil was born to a Klingon mother (Kora of the house of Mnemon) and a human father (Victor Sirtis) - the former was so taken with the poetry of the latter, that she threw aside the restraints of convention and threw things and roared at him until he realized it was love. Unfortunately, Kora's family did not take well to this union, and his parents eventually left Qo'noS when Akhil was in his early teens. Akhil's mother raised him with all the traditions, spirituality and cultural knowledge of the Klingons, while his father passed on his kindness, restraint and poetic talent. Spending his childhood as a half-breed on Qo'noS, Akhil experienced his fare share of bullying and ostracism. As he got older, he learned to stand his own and found inspiration in the stories of Worf, son of Mogh. When he was old enough, he decided to follow in the footsteps of his role model and joined Starfleet. He was drawn to the military, and saw extensive active duty in the Dominion wars. He shied away neither from battle nor the horrors that followed it. He aided in the hospital wings that overflowed after battles as much as he could, and despite his intimidating appearance, proved to have very good bedside manner. Many of his comrades in battle remarked on his loyalty, strength and good character, and his ability to get on with just about anyone - as long as they didn't piss him off.

Personality: Akhil is deeply invested in the Klingon side of his heritage, but he also feels that Klingons don't give enough credit to the strength and resilience of the human spirit. He has a deep sense of honor and a strong moral compass. Like his mother, he can be stubborn and prone to rages, but he can also display remarkable gentleness and empathy to the troubles and suffering of others. After the Dominion wars he left the military with an ambition to go into counseling. When questioned about his motives, he explained that it was just as honorable to help clean up the mess of war and heal its scars as it was to fight for a noble cause. Though he doesn't easily show it, Akhil is especially fond of children and half-breeds, recognizing a kinship and their need for protection.

Skills: Distinguished fighter and robust drinker. Field medical experience. His counseling specialty is in PTSD and abuse survival. Not a bad poet, though shy about showing it.

Disadvantages: Akhil's parents did a good job reconciling the two sides of his heritage, though Akhil inherited his mother's stubbornness and short-temper. He does a good job of balancing his emotions, but will occasionally fly into a rage that might result in a brawl. He tries to take these rages out either in willing sparring partners, or in the holo suite when the need arises.

He is also claustrophobic, which makes getting stuck in elevators with him a whole lot of fun.

What Brings Him To DS15?: DS15 was the station he was assigned to after completing his counselling training.

Possessions: Akhil is very fond of his extensive library of poetry. He also has a small collection of weapons, and uniforms (including the one he wore through the war). Otherwise, his quarters are fairly spartan.

Last edited by Akhil on Fri May 09, 2014 3:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Station Counselor Akhil, son of Sirtis   Station Counselor Akhil, son of Sirtis EmptyFri May 09, 2014 3:36 pm

Best. Counselor. Ever.
Back to top Go down
DenisseAHyland

DenisseAHyland

PostSubject: Re: Station Counselor Akhil, son of Sirtis   Station Counselor Akhil, son of Sirtis EmptyFri May 09, 2014 3:44 pm

I agree with T'Pren.
Back to top Go down
Akhil

Akhil

PostSubject: Re: Station Counselor Akhil, son of Sirtis   Station Counselor Akhil, son of Sirtis EmptyFri May 09, 2014 3:51 pm

Hahaha! Thanks guys! Blame Val and Reegan - they convinced me to make a Klingon counselor!
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Station Counselor Akhil, son of Sirtis   Station Counselor Akhil, son of Sirtis EmptyFri May 09, 2014 7:03 pm

Due to your avatar, I'm going to just assume that Akhil is shirtless at all times unless explicitly stated otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Akhil

Akhil

PostSubject: Re: Station Counselor Akhil, son of Sirtis   Station Counselor Akhil, son of Sirtis EmptyFri May 09, 2014 7:19 pm

Yes good. Val tried to crop it to just his head when he was making the avatar, and I explicitly insisted on exactly how much manbeast boob needed to be showing.

Also, I skimmed the profiles when creating him, then went back and carefully re-read them. And realized he and T'Pren have some good interactions coming their way.
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Station Counselor Akhil, son of Sirtis   Station Counselor Akhil, son of Sirtis EmptyFri May 09, 2014 7:31 pm

I thought the same thing!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Station Counselor Akhil, son of Sirtis   Station Counselor Akhil, son of Sirtis EmptyFri May 09, 2014 7:47 pm

I for one look forward to yelling and smashing my feelings out through the aid of the Son of Sirtis.
Back to top Go down
https://deepspace15.rpg-board.net
Akhil

Akhil

PostSubject: Re: Station Counselor Akhil, son of Sirtis   Station Counselor Akhil, son of Sirtis EmptyFri May 09, 2014 8:26 pm

He will totally have abuse survivor self-defense classes. I also feel like a lot of his counseling advice consists of "have you thought about punching it."
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Station Counselor Akhil, son of Sirtis   Station Counselor Akhil, son of Sirtis EmptyFri May 09, 2014 10:13 pm

"All the time."
Back to top Go down
Akhil

Akhil

PostSubject: Re: Station Counselor Akhil, son of Sirtis   Station Counselor Akhil, son of Sirtis EmptyFri May 09, 2014 10:16 pm

"Counselor, I'm having marital problems with my husband." - "Fight him."
"Counselor, I'm suffering from Cardassian occupation PTSD night terrors." - "Punch your bed. And every Cardassian you see."
"Counselor, I'm worried about my kids entering adolescence." - "You should probably fight your kids through their hormonal bursts."
Back to top Go down
Akhil

Akhil

PostSubject: Re: Station Counselor Akhil, son of Sirtis   Station Counselor Akhil, son of Sirtis EmptyFri May 09, 2014 10:16 pm

Also, I already have a Risian lady character for the bath house pretty much ready to go. Help.
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Station Counselor Akhil, son of Sirtis   Station Counselor Akhil, son of Sirtis EmptyFri May 09, 2014 10:19 pm

Help...you make her? OKAY.
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Station Counselor Akhil, son of Sirtis   Station Counselor Akhil, son of Sirtis EmptyFri May 09, 2014 11:15 pm

Please do!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Station Counselor Akhil, son of Sirtis   Station Counselor Akhil, son of Sirtis Empty

Back to top Go down

Station Counselor Akhil, son of Sirtis
Page 1 of 1