Deep Space 15
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Station Deep Space 15

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Character Icons?

Go down 
+4
Lt Cdr. Erim Oz
T'Klass
Val Etilen
DenisseAHyland
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DenisseAHyland

DenisseAHyland

Character Icons? Empty
PostSubject: Character Icons?   Character Icons? EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 7:26 pm

I'm curious how Val Etilen & T'Klass, son of Morag were able to get their icons/characters generated. I'd love to have pictures for my characters as well.
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

Character Icons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Icons?   Character Icons? EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 7:40 pm

I chose my actor and photoshopped the Bajoran characteristics onto him - not sure what T'Klass used, but it looks like a Star Trek Online avatar? (I'm curious too)
Back to top Go down
T'Klass

T'Klass

Character Icons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Icons?   Character Icons? EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 9:22 pm

I made mine in Star Trek Online, yar. It's free to play, so you can download it just to make a character. Then just take a screenshot, easy peasy. They even have a generic "alien" option, and it's pretty robust too.

The actual game kinda sucks though. I think our RPG will be a much better experience.
Back to top Go down
Lt Cdr. Erim Oz

Lt Cdr. Erim Oz

Character Icons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Icons?   Character Icons? EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 11:34 pm

Would anyone be willing to add Trill spots to an image of Jenny Shizimu I have on imgur? I can't post an external link yet because it hasn't been a week.
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

Character Icons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Icons?   Character Icons? EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 11:48 pm

I still intend to do it! I am with Ozan right now discussing Trill things.
Back to top Go down
Lt Cdr. Erim Oz

Lt Cdr. Erim Oz

Character Icons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Icons?   Character Icons? EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 11:49 pm

Okey dokey, no rush. I put up the pre-spots picture for now, so people have an idea of what she's supposed to look like. Just imagine that but with spots that go all the way down. :-D
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

Character Icons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Icons?   Character Icons? EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 12:23 pm

On that topic, I'm a very visual person, so I would love everyone to have icons, even if they're just symbolic. I'm happy to do simple photoshop efforts (like I did for Val, Rai, and Oz) if someone wants to give me a picture of their actor. (But I make no promises of masterpieces!)

I was so curious about Star Trek Online that I downloaded it, but it's not working for me. (the Mac version is in Beta, which might explain it.)
Back to top Go down
JilaSedal

Character Icons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Icons?   Character Icons? EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 7:47 pm

Could someone help me with my Cardassian character? There isn't a default for them on STO, the instructions seem complex and I don't like how they turn out. I realize making a Cardassian is a lot more difficult than changing a nose or sticking on some spots. Or maybe someone has a number of images of female Cardassians and has one I like? So far, all my Google searches haven't come up with any ones I really like.
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

Character Icons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Icons?   Character Icons? EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 8:39 pm

Kira looked pretty cute as a Cardassian, just saying. Wink
http://www.startrek.com/legacy_media/images/200303/ds9-451-kira-is-given-a-cardas/320x240.jpg

I wish I had the time to draw one for you, but alas right now I don't have the time to doodle.
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

Character Icons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Icons?   Character Icons? EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 9:32 pm

One day in the future I might try to sweet talk you into giving me a pointy eared picture, but that will first require some character development. Hooray, character development!
Back to top Go down
DenisseAHyland

DenisseAHyland

Character Icons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Icons?   Character Icons? EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 11:29 pm

Val Etilen wrote:
Kira looked pretty cute as a Cardassian, just saying.  Wink
http://www.startrek.com/legacy_media/images/200303/ds9-451-kira-is-given-a-cardas/320x240.jpg

I wish I had the time to draw one for you, but alas right now I don't have the time to doodle.

Hmm.. she did indeed.
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

Character Icons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Icons?   Character Icons? EmptyTue May 06, 2014 10:36 am

Well I got STO working and made as cute a Cardassian as I could -

Character Icons? Screen10

Character Icons? Screen11

I don't know if that's even close to what you'd like, but it might be better than nothing?  Up to you.

The Cardassian-style hair choices are severely limited! They are a fringeless people.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character Icons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Icons?   Character Icons? EmptyTue May 06, 2014 9:44 pm

Aw, they're cute tho, even with the limited hair options.
Back to top Go down
https://deepspace15.rpg-board.net
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

Character Icons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Icons?   Character Icons? EmptyTue May 06, 2014 9:59 pm

They both have such poise!
Back to top Go down
Lyfalten zh'Undaag

Lyfalten zh'Undaag

Character Icons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Icons?   Character Icons? EmptyWed May 07, 2014 6:18 pm

My current icon was a hastily done Pixlr job of Elizabeth Mitchell to turn her blue with some follicular whiteness - WITH A TOUCHPAD - so if anyone with artistic merit feels the urge to update her with non-sharp edges, I encourage and support it. Couldn't get her tattoo, either. Klingon is not a common font option.
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

Character Icons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Icons?   Character Icons? EmptyWed May 07, 2014 6:30 pm

This might be a cool challenge! Do you have a link to a preferred image, or will any pic of her do?
Back to top Go down
Lyfalten zh'Undaag

Lyfalten zh'Undaag

Character Icons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Icons?   Character Icons? EmptyWed May 07, 2014 7:50 pm

I'm sending the links via PM - I'm too new to post external links yet (says the forumbot).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Character Icons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Icons?   Character Icons? Empty

Back to top Go down

Character Icons?
Page 1 of 1