Deep Space 15
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Station Deep Space 15

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Turbolift/Bridge

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

Turbolift/Bridge Empty
PostSubject: Turbolift/Bridge   Turbolift/Bridge EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 3:36 pm

T'Pren had given the ensigns a list of preparatory assignments to complete before the away mission and then joined Rai in the turbolift on the way to the bridge. As the door's closed on them, the half-Vulcan finally got the chance to study the Betazoid thoroughly. "How are you?"
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

Turbolift/Bridge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbolift/Bridge   Turbolift/Bridge EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 7:40 pm

"I have a ship," he said, with a barely suppressed smile. "It's a red letter day for me."
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

Turbolift/Bridge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbolift/Bridge   Turbolift/Bridge EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 7:42 pm

Perhaps to make up for Rai's suppressed smile, T'Pren beamed her pleasure for him without hesitation. It lit up her whole being. "Wonderful." But she hadn't quite meant that, so she softened her expression and inquired casually, "Have you seen Akhil yet?"
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

Turbolift/Bridge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbolift/Bridge   Turbolift/Bridge EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 7:45 pm

"I unburdened myself to an equally competent mental health professional, thank you for asking, Lieutenant," he said. The cool tone of his voice indicated he wanted to let the matter rest. Rai knew he had to start rebuilding boundaries with her.
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

Turbolift/Bridge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbolift/Bridge   Turbolift/Bridge EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 7:49 pm

The sting T'Pren felt was palpable and she looked away to hide her wounded expression even though she knew he could feel it. "You said you wouldn't pull away," she murmured at the turbolift door.
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

Turbolift/Bridge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbolift/Bridge   Turbolift/Bridge EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 7:55 pm

"Not when we're on duty, Lieutenant," he said.
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

Turbolift/Bridge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbolift/Bridge   Turbolift/Bridge EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 7:58 pm

Though the hurt was still there and an undertone of irritation joined it, that at least put T'Pren mostly at ease. That much made sense. "Yes, sir," she replied softly, staring ahead at the doors impassively.
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

Turbolift/Bridge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbolift/Bridge   Turbolift/Bridge EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 8:33 pm

In the uncomfortable silence that followed, the lieutenant watched the deck numbers change. Just before they hit the bridge, she asked gently, "Captain? Permission to be your friend for a moment?"
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

Turbolift/Bridge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbolift/Bridge   Turbolift/Bridge EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 8:35 pm

"Computer, hold turbolift. Permission granted," he leaned against the wall. "I'm listening."
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

Turbolift/Bridge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbolift/Bridge   Turbolift/Bridge EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 8:37 pm

The fact that Rai stopped the turbolift to listen made T'Pren smile and soothed what was left of the sting she'd felt moments before. The smile turned into a small grin. "Thank you. But it's nothing dire. I was just hoping you'd model your new chair for me."
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

Turbolift/Bridge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbolift/Bridge   Turbolift/Bridge EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 8:59 pm

Rai snickered. "Yes, of course. Computer, resume turbolift." Still the view of the bridge took his breath away. The young crew members, all acutely aware of his presence, straightened themselves as he stepped off the turbolift.
He rounded navigation and controls before seating himself in the Captain's chair. Chewing on his lip, he passed his fingers over the adjacent panel.
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

Turbolift/Bridge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbolift/Bridge   Turbolift/Bridge EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 9:01 pm

It was all T'Pren could do to not make a joke or compliment Rai or wink at him when he took the Captain's chair. But she did, as she took over the helm from a young Andorian ensign, swivel her chair to give him a terribly pleased smile and a subtle couple of nods to let him know she thought it suited him very well.
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

Turbolift/Bridge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbolift/Bridge   Turbolift/Bridge EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 9:06 pm

"I think I'm in love," he said. "Let's bring everything online for a test, then I have to be present for the Orb transfer," he said.
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

Turbolift/Bridge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbolift/Bridge   Turbolift/Bridge EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 9:09 pm

Just as T'Pren was about to turn her chair back around to start up the tests, Rai mentioned the Orb. She hesitated and then asked, very respectfully, "Captain, given my history with the Orb, would you like me to accompany you in case it becomes volatile again?"
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

Turbolift/Bridge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbolift/Bridge   Turbolift/Bridge EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 9:15 pm

"Lieutenant, do you want to say goodbye to the Orb?" he asked. He sucked in his lips and suppressed a giggle.
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

Turbolift/Bridge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbolift/Bridge   Turbolift/Bridge EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 9:19 pm

The look T'Pren gave Rai in return was amused but also imperious. It clearly said 'oh, sure, not while we're on duty'. She took the high road, which was mostly just pretending to be above such unprofessional things. "I was thinking only of the safety of the station and its residence, Captain." She gave him her snootiest expression.
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

Turbolift/Bridge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbolift/Bridge   Turbolift/Bridge EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 9:35 pm

"That won't be necessary, thank you Lieutenant," he replied with a cool smile.
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

Turbolift/Bridge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbolift/Bridge   Turbolift/Bridge EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 9:42 pm

"Yes, sir," T'Pren replied, simultaneously feeling a little smug and a little sad at what she'd just done. To soothe both, she returned his smile warmly. "Please let me know if that changes." And then she swiveled in her chair so that she was facing the helm and began to boot up the drive to test out its connection to everything else: impulse engines, nacells, star maps...

"Sir," she said, a little breathlessly, as everything went just as planned, "...We're online and ready to fly."
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

Turbolift/Bridge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbolift/Bridge   Turbolift/Bridge EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 10:00 pm

Rai cracked his knuckles and stifled in the impulse to take the Hippolyta for a joyride. "Put her on standby for now," he said.
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

Turbolift/Bridge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbolift/Bridge   Turbolift/Bridge EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 10:02 pm

"Easy, girl," T'Pren murmured to the navigation console as she coaxed the ship into standby. One of the nearby ensigns looked at her in confused surprise before they realized she didn't mean them. "You'll get your wings soon enough."

And then, more publicly, she turned to Rai. "The Hippolyta is standing by, sir."
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

Turbolift/Bridge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbolift/Bridge   Turbolift/Bridge EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 10:19 pm

"Alright, well done everyone!" Rai said, raising his voice so the bridge crew could hear him. "I'll see you all in 24 hours."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Turbolift/Bridge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbolift/Bridge   Turbolift/Bridge Empty

Back to top Go down

Turbolift/Bridge
Page 1 of 1