Deep Space 15
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Station Deep Space 15

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Holding Cell

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

Holding Cell Empty
PostSubject: Holding Cell   Holding Cell EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 2:43 am

ReganOzan wrote:
"Based on their physiology, I don't doubt that." And she didn't doubt that the excitable Ferengi circulatory system was relatively common knowledge. She pressed her combadge. "Security to sickbay."

Val Etilen's blood went cold.
"What? Why? You said it was a heart attack!"

Admin wrote:
When security arrived, they worked coldly and abruptly. "Val Etilen, you're under arrest for the murder of Daimon Letek." Two Bajoran security officers beamed Etilen to the gruesome and poorly lit Cardassian holding cell.  The younger officer erected the field with a sympathetic glance.
"For the time being, you're under Federation jurisdiction. It's up to the Commander as to whether he'll turn you over to Ferenginar."
"If it were up to me, I'd launch the collaborator out the airlock," said the older Bajoran officer.

Val offered no physical resistance to the security officers, but protested vehemently the entire trip down.
"Listen.. officers... something's very wrong, I did *not* murder anyone - Why would I have called for the doctor? Be reasonable - please - can't you just confine me to quarters? Who's going to feed my cat?"

When he was alone in the holding cell, he made a conscious effort to calm his breathing and panicked thoughts. The cell was a little cold for his liking, especially in his scant clothing. He'd spent much of his youth in spaces heated to Cardassian standards and he'd grown almost used to it. He sat against the wall and drew up his knees, wondering just why an elderly man having a heart attack during arousal would possibly be considered murder. Unfortunate, yes.. jarring.

There was a little irregularity in the wall by his heel. He brushed it with his thumb and found it to be a tiny Bajoran prayer sigil etched into the surface. It was, in all likelihood, the last recorded thought of a prisoner during the occupation, carved with an earring. Someone who'd suffered as he had, but hadn't the good fortune to live long enough to be spat upon and called a traitor.
Val felt wretched unhappiness well up in his chest, and put his head down to cry. He did it silently, the way his mother had taught him. It was not out of some sense of dignity, but as a necessary survival skill.
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

Holding Cell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding Cell   Holding Cell EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 5:16 pm

Rai combed over Dr. Ozan's toxicology report in security, waiting for Commander T'Klass to join him. He did not relish the notion of reporting the murder of a high ranking official to the Grand Nagus. Knowing how vengeful they could be, they'd want the head of the wretched little Bajoran.
"Quite a mess you've gotten yourself into, Val. It seems like misfortune follows you wherever you go."
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

Holding Cell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding Cell   Holding Cell EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 5:28 pm

Val took a deep breath and wiped his eyes on his arm before turning to face the commander.

"I don't know.." he said, steeling his voice though he knew he couldn't possibly hide his feelings behind it. "My skill at Oo-mox just gave a man a heart attack. If I survive this, I'll have no shortage of clients. Thing is, I've got to survive it first. Listen, could you make sure someone takes care of my cat while I'm locked up?"
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

Holding Cell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding Cell   Holding Cell EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 5:39 pm

Rai dismisses the two Bajoran security lieutenants on duty.
"I don't want them listening in on this."
He stands in front of the cell and locks eyes with Val, peering into the back of the Bajoran's empty little head.
"We scare you, don't we? Betazoids. Why are you afraid of us? I can feel you."
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

Holding Cell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding Cell   Holding Cell EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 5:52 pm

Val folded his arms, knitting his brow sternly.
"Rolling around in my emotions is a liberty. It's a violation I do not enjoy."
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

Holding Cell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding Cell   Holding Cell EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 6:16 pm

"Don't flatter yourself. Being in touch with your mind is like splashing in a puddle. You don't have to like me, but I can't help but be a Betazoid any more than you can help being a prostitute. And while you make my job difficult, I do believe that you should be allowed to make a living without harassment, Ferengi, Bajoran, or otherwise. I don't believe you did it, and I won't let them extradite you."
Rai lowers the force field for a moment to toss a pad to Val.
"I promise I'll feed your damn cat until you're released. I've already arranged for an advocate. He'll be human. Bajor doesn't send advocates for the sons of collaborators. Can you read the contents of that pad?"
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

Holding Cell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding Cell   Holding Cell EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 7:38 pm

Val had no energy or desire to defend his family name to the latest in an endless procession of accusers, and he was content that he was at least staying on the station where he had little likelihood of meeting the Daimon's widow.
"Yes," he answered. In truth, it would probably take him the better part of the day to make out even the gist of the pad, but he didn't want the Commander to keep splashing his puddle. Perhaps he could ask one of the guards to read it to him.
Back to top Go down
T'Klass

T'Klass

Holding Cell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding Cell   Holding Cell EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 9:26 pm

T'Klass quietly enters the the room, stopping behind Commander Rai.

"Report."
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

Holding Cell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding Cell   Holding Cell EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 9:46 pm

"Val Etilen here was the last person to see Daimon Letek alive, and he expired while being serviced by the very man before us. Toxicology reports from Dr. Ozan indicate he ingested a plant based poison of Bajoran origin."
His jaw set.
"The Grand Nagus himself will be pressing charges. They want blood. We're not letting that happen, do you understand? Keep him in protective custody until we can find something to clear him."

Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

Holding Cell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding Cell   Holding Cell EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 9:57 pm

"I reported the medical emergency." Val said pointedly.
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

Holding Cell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding Cell   Holding Cell EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 10:03 pm

"Do you think that particularly matters to the Ferengi, Val?"
Commander Rai draws close to the force field.
"You're lying to me. Trust me when I say this; that the truth shall set you free."
He shakes his head in mild frustration.
"He's all yours, Commander T'Klass. I have trade talks to return to."
Back to top Go down
T'Klass

T'Klass

Holding Cell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding Cell   Holding Cell EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 2:04 am

T'Klass nods at Commander Rai as he exits the brig. He then turns his gaze to the prisoner.

"I am Commander T'Klass, Chief of Security for Deep Space 15. Do you have anything to say for yourself?"

As he speaks he takes a nearby data pad to read over the report for the arrest.
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

Holding Cell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding Cell   Holding Cell EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 5:10 am

Val takes a moment to appreciate how large and imposing the security chief is.
"Are you going to interrogate me?" He asks, gaining some of his composure now that the Betazoid was out of the room.

"I don't actually know why I'm being held." He gives a more or less honest account of what happened, omitting the fact he had taken latinum off the corpse after attempting to call for help.
"The Daimon sought me out himself, and I was obliged to provide service in his quarters. I had no idea his health would prohibit such excitement.."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Holding Cell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding Cell   Holding Cell EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 11:42 pm

With power out in security, and all security staff on the Promenade trying to prevent looting, Val finds himself oddly alone and unmonitored.
Back to top Go down
https://deepspace15.rpg-board.net
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

Holding Cell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding Cell   Holding Cell EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 12:59 am

Val Etilen's heart jumped as the station went to red alert. The forcefield flickered and the light in the cell went out. He could faintly hear chaos from other decks.

Hesitantly, he put his hand to the barrier of the cell and found the field gone.
Thankfully there were no other inmates to be freed, and he was alone. Perhaps in this crisis he was safest here. It would be stupid to use this emergency as an excuse to escape - where would he escape to? Why would he want to be a fugitive for a crime he didn't commit?

Then he remembered that Papus was all alone in his quarters, hardly likely to get fed by the Commander now.

Val hurried through the corridors to the Habitat Ring, practicing a blank air of casualness that he hoped would render him unnoticeable.

(Admin, let me know if I can get back to my quarters - if so, I'll continue in the Habitat Ring.)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Holding Cell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding Cell   Holding Cell EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 1:07 am

(Yes you can!)
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

Holding Cell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding Cell   Holding Cell EmptyWed May 07, 2014 1:41 am

Val slipped back into Security, the intimidating chief officer apparently still occupied elsewhere. He found the forcefield deactivated by default, and simply stepped into the holding cell again, as though nothing had happened.
Something had happened though, as evidenced by his change of clothes and acquisition of his cat. He sat on the floor and stroked Papus to calm both of them, until the exhausted feline curled up in a ball beside him.

When was he going to learn to demand payment up front, even from seemingly trustworthy people. It just went to show you can't even trust the clergy.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Holding Cell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding Cell   Holding Cell EmptyWed May 07, 2014 1:58 am

The ineffectual young security officer returned with a looter, also Bajoran, and threw him in an adjacent cell. He peered at Val.
"Weren't you wearing something different before?"
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

Holding Cell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding Cell   Holding Cell EmptyWed May 07, 2014 2:01 am

Val smiled and looked down with false modesty.
"Thanks for noticing."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Holding Cell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding Cell   Holding Cell EmptyWed May 07, 2014 2:13 am

"How did a cat get in there with you?" he asked, his brow furrowing. He drew closer, blinking at the feline.
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

Holding Cell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding Cell   Holding Cell EmptyWed May 07, 2014 2:20 am

Val stroked the relaxing cat.
"The force fields came down during that power outage, and I guess he came to find me. Isn't that amazing? He's such a good hunter he can track me all the way here. You might want to put the barrier up again, by the way."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Holding Cell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding Cell   Holding Cell EmptyWed May 07, 2014 2:23 am

Lucky for Val, he believes him.
"Aw. He's cute."
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

Holding Cell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding Cell   Holding Cell EmptyWed May 07, 2014 2:29 am

Val smiles and lounges on his elbow. "I guess you don't have time to keep me company, what with all the emergencies, huh?"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Holding Cell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding Cell   Holding Cell EmptyWed May 07, 2014 2:30 am

The sweet dumb man draws his phaser, readying himself to return to the fray.
"I-I guess not. But when I get back-- c-can I pet him?"
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

Holding Cell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding Cell   Holding Cell EmptyWed May 07, 2014 1:06 pm

Make friends with your captors, if you can. That was perhaps the most salient lesson from Val Lorana.

"Sure," he said. "I'm not going anywhere."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Holding Cell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding Cell   Holding Cell Empty

Back to top Go down

Holding Cell
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Deep Space 15 :: On Board DS15 :: Security-
Jump to: