Deep Space 15
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Station Deep Space 15

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fussing over orchids

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

Fussing over orchids - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fussing over orchids   Fussing over orchids - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 7:45 pm

Val had picked a large bouquet and fastened it together with some vines, then made a sort of hammock out of his scarf to collect fruit. He picked anything and everything not found on Bajor. He chuckled. "She's going to be so confused. But she'll like it."
Back to top Go down
Da-an

Da-an

PostSubject: Re: Fussing over orchids   Fussing over orchids - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 8:03 pm

"She's lucky to have a son like you," they said. "I'll have them sent priority in the morning. Really, what's the point of having a place like this if not to make others happy?"
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Fussing over orchids   Fussing over orchids - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 8:08 pm

"It's very nice of you," Val wrapped up the fruit in his scarf and delivered both bundles to Da-an. "I sent her a package two days ago - so this will be another surprise," he said.
"Do you have family groups? Or do you just sort of spore and live on your own?"
Back to top Go down
Da-an

Da-an

PostSubject: Re: Fussing over orchids   Fussing over orchids - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 8:19 pm

"We have used to have fruitings of our own, small cooperative groups of closely related Phylosians. As our population dropped, we learned asexual reproduction-- self pollination if you will."
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Fussing over orchids   Fussing over orchids - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 8:32 pm

"Huh," Val considered this. "Have you ever wanted to self-pollinate?"
Back to top Go down
Da-an

Da-an

PostSubject: Re: Fussing over orchids   Fussing over orchids - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 8:35 pm

"Sometimes, but it would ultimately be a clone of myself. A copy. It is a delay of the inevitable," they said resignedly.
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Fussing over orchids   Fussing over orchids - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 9:05 pm

"Oh, I see," Val said quietly, sorry for bringing up such a subject.
"Well, pollinating me doesn't work, so no need to try that again," he grinned.
Back to top Go down
Da-an

Da-an

PostSubject: Re: Fussing over orchids   Fussing over orchids - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 10:29 am

"It may not work, but it is terribly fun," they said, winding a long tendril around his waist.
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Fussing over orchids   Fussing over orchids - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 10:37 am

Val pulled away from the grasp, but made no effort to unwind it. He pulled gently with both hands splayed over the base.
"We must figure out what to do about your pollen. It's not good for me."
Back to top Go down
Da-an

Da-an

PostSubject: Re: Fussing over orchids   Fussing over orchids - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 10:56 am

"Isn't there an antihistamine you can take? I heard Bajorans are sensitive," they suggested meekly.
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Fussing over orchids   Fussing over orchids - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 8:59 pm

Val let his fingers glide over the tendril around his waist.
"I can take something, but it won't help the 3 days of burning when you come inside me. So you can't do that anymore. All right?"
Back to top Go down
Da-an

Da-an

PostSubject: Re: Fussing over orchids   Fussing over orchids - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 9:48 pm

"Agreed, of course. I can't begin to express how sorry I am for that. Is there a way I could make it up to you?" they asked earnestly.
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Fussing over orchids   Fussing over orchids - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 10:04 pm

"No need," Val assured them. "I know you didn't mean to hurt me. But let's make sure to keep all pollen external, ok?" He grinned, giving Da-an's tendril a squeeze. "You want me to cry for help this time?"
Back to top Go down
Da-an

Da-an

PostSubject: Re: Fussing over orchids   Fussing over orchids - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 11:44 pm

"Yes, but I'd like to try something different tonight," they said, leading Val to the side of the artificial pond.
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Fussing over orchids   Fussing over orchids - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 12:11 am

"Oh?" Val smiled, dipping his fingers in the pond. "What do you have in mind?"
Back to top Go down
Da-an

Da-an

PostSubject: Re: Fussing over orchids   Fussing over orchids - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 2:15 am

"Just kneel," they said, and gently applied pressure to his shoulders.
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Fussing over orchids   Fussing over orchids - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 2:17 am

Val's brows shot up at the request, and he knelt, looking up at Da-an for explanation or instruction, but of course finding the creature utterly impossible to read.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fussing over orchids   Fussing over orchids - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fussing over orchids
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Deep Space 15 :: On Board DS15 :: Pleasure Gardens-
Jump to: