Deep Space 15
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Station Deep Space 15

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Akhil

Akhil

A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite Empty
PostSubject: A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite   A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 11:39 pm

Akhil showed up a few minutes earlier than the agreed-upon time, too excited by this new sparring prospect to wait. The robot's cheekiness was an added incentive - he could not make sense of it, and was interested to interact with the robot more to see just what sort of personality, if any, it had.
Back to top Go down
Zima 8

Zima 8

PostSubject: Re: A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite   A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:35 am

The android entered the holosuite on metronome feet, wearing a very form fitting suit, the purpose of which was of course to be athletically convenient. One of the results of the uniform however was that it was 100% clear exactly what equipment Zíma had between their legs. And that was no equipment at all.
"Hello, Counselor. Are you prepared?"
Back to top Go down
Akhil

Akhil

PostSubject: Re: A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite   A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 8:37 am

Not quite for that, Akhil thought, but did not show it. He cleared his throat. "Yes. Would you like to select a program," he offered, like a duelist giving his opponent the choice of weapon.
Back to top Go down
Zima 8

Zima 8

PostSubject: Re: A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite   A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 11:13 pm

Zíma selected a program which placed them in a foggy rural landscape, in a clearing of yellow grass.

"I am most accustomed to sparring without weapons," they said. "However, you may use a blade if you wish. I am built to withstand extreme conditions and strain, so it would only be fair." The android took up a slightly crouched defensive fighting stance, originating on ancient Earth.
Back to top Go down
Akhil

Akhil

PostSubject: Re: A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite   A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 11:44 pm

Akhil narrowed his eyes. "A weapon would give me an unfair advantage against an unarmed opponent," he replied resolutely, and squared his shoulders. He faced Zima, waiting for him to make the first move.
Back to top Go down
Zima 8

Zima 8

PostSubject: Re: A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite   A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 12:57 am

It went against Zíma's programming to strike first, but as this was just a simulation, they went ahead.
Lunging at Akhil, Zíma turned and faked a strike at the man's jaw while sweeping his steel-reinforced leg under Akhil, intending to topple him.
Back to top Go down
Akhil

Akhil

PostSubject: Re: A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite   A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 11:46 pm

Akhil jumped back, recognizing a false strike just barely in time. Right away, his attitude shifted - this was not an opponent he could take lightly. He landed heavily and, regaining balance, struck back, aiming for the robot's side with his leg.
Back to top Go down
Zima 8

Zima 8

PostSubject: Re: A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite   A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 2:45 am

Zíma twisted out of the way and swung at Akhil's head with his elbow.
Back to top Go down
Akhil

Akhil

PostSubject: Re: A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite   A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 2:47 am

The elbow connected, sharply, causing Akhil to see stars. He shook his head and roared, incensed. He avoided Zima's next move, and landed a heavy punch.
Back to top Go down
Zima 8

Zima 8

PostSubject: Re: A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite   A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 3:04 am

Zíma's head snapped back dramatically and though his body felt hard and inorganic to Akhil, the strike did seem to slow him a bit.
The android rounded on him again, this time sending a left hook to his abdomen.
Back to top Go down
Akhil

Akhil

PostSubject: Re: A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite   A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 8:48 pm

Akhil moved enough to absorb the weight of the punch rather than receive it full on, and latched on to the android in the struggle. His blood was hot and racing now, and another Klingon roar erupted from the depths of his being as he grabbed onto Zima's arm. There was a horrid sound of tearing fabric and crackling wires as Akhil tore the limb off its shoulder socket. He whacked Zima with it before he realized what he'd done.
Back to top Go down
Zima 8

Zima 8

PostSubject: Re: A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite   A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 10:17 pm

Completely thrown off balance, Zíma toppled over. The cosmetic skin of his shoulder was forced from its seam and naked wiring sparked briefly before going out. Still lying down, he turned his head to examine the damage with a furrowed brow.
Back to top Go down
Akhil

Akhil

PostSubject: Re: A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite   A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 10:24 pm

"Computer, end program!" Akhil was at the android's side instantly, still clutching the sparking limb. "I am sorry! Are you alright? Shall I reach engineering?"
Back to top Go down
Zima 8

Zima 8

PostSubject: Re: A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite   A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 10:46 pm

Zíma glanced at his detached arm quizzically.
"I am not sure. I have never received this sort of damage before." He sat up, obviously not in any sort of discomfort. "You are very accomplished in combat."
Back to top Go down
Akhil

Akhil

PostSubject: Re: A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite   A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 11:19 pm

"Thank you, but I do not feel pride in my prowess right now," Akhil replied and tapped his comm badge, "Chief Science Officer Inabnet, come in."
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite   A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 11:29 pm

"Counselor Akhil," T'Pren's voice greeted via commlink. "What can I do for you?"
Back to top Go down
Akhil

Akhil

PostSubject: Re: A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite   A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 11:42 pm

"I need your expertise in Holodeck 3," Akhil replied, narrowing his eyes at the angry torn wires sticking out of Zima's shoulder.
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite   A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 11:47 pm

"On my way," promised T'Pren's voice.

It didn't take her long. She'd been on her way to Security when she was contacted, so she trotted the rest of the way through the corridors to the holosuites and pressed the panel to alert Akhil she was outside.

When he opened it, he'd find her standing in her uniform with the top open to reveal her regulation tank underneath and her hair up in a messy bun that exposed her ears.
Back to top Go down
Akhil

Akhil

PostSubject: Re: A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite   A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 11:52 pm

In turn, she found Akhil standing next to Zima 8, holding the android's arm like a billy club while the android stood beside him with a blasé expression on his face. The Counselor lifted up the arm towards Pren in a way that would have been almost comical if it wasn't for his frown. "The doctor and I were sparring. I was... overzealous."
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite   A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 11:54 pm

T'Pren, for her part, though it was hilarious. She nearly choked at the scene and clapped a hand over her mouth to hide the way she was laughing. Not that it helped. It was clear by the twinkle in her eyes that she was deeply amused.

"Need a hand?" And then she laughed some more.
Back to top Go down
Zima 8

Zima 8

PostSubject: Re: A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite   A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 11:59 pm

Zíma smiled in greeting to Pren.
"I am so glad you find dismemberment amusing instead of disturbing," he said, without any indication of sarcasm. "I am not certain whether I require replacement parts.. but if so, there is a basic set in my quarters."
Back to top Go down
Akhil

Akhil

PostSubject: Re: A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite   A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:04 am

Akhil seemed less amused than either of them, making him look all the more ridiculous. "It is not amusing! What if I have irreparably damaged Dr. Zima!"
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite   A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:06 am

Poor T'Pren tried so hard to pull it together, but the more she heard from both of them, the funnier it became. She stepped into the room and gave up hiding her mirth, laughing openly as the door shut behind her and reaching out to with both hands to take the appendage. "I'm sure we can fix it," she decided without actually having looked at the damage yet. Mostly because her follow-up line was, "It just might cost us an arm and a leg."

And then she practically cackled at her own joke.
Back to top Go down
Zima 8

Zima 8

PostSubject: Re: A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite   A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:22 am

Zíma looked at Akhil, then back to the lieutenant.
"While I have not been trained in the mechanics of my body, I doubt the removal of a leg would help you in the repair. My former custodian on active duty should have uploaded his repair work to Starfleet's database. I'm sure you can access it if needed."
Back to top Go down
Akhil

Akhil

PostSubject: Re: A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite   A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:47 am

Akhil returned Zima's look, then looked back at Pren. "Lieutenant, is it fixable?" he asked, ignoring the leg pun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite   A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite Empty

Back to top Go down

A half-Klingon and a robot walk into the holosuite
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next