Deep Space 15
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Station Deep Space 15

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elbows Deep in Engineering

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

Elbows Deep in Engineering - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbows Deep in Engineering   Elbows Deep in Engineering - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 4:33 pm

"Deal?" echoed the half-Vulcan in confusion. She scrunched up her face trying to figure out what the XO could mean. "What kind of deal would we have?"

T'Pren put down the chip she was fixing to study Tal'Ara for clues.
Back to top Go down
Tal'Ara

Tal'Ara

PostSubject: Re: Elbows Deep in Engineering   Elbows Deep in Engineering - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 4:45 pm

"Oh come on... I see the way you two look at each other. Something is going on," she said.
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Elbows Deep in Engineering   Elbows Deep in Engineering - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 4:54 pm

A vague green flush crept into T'Pren's cheeks, but she didn't look at all like she'd been caught. If anything, she seemed embarrassed and affronted.

"He's keeping me sane," she replied with an edge to her voice. "Akhil is an excellent counselor, but sometimes one telepath needs to be anchored with another."
Back to top Go down
Tal'Ara

Tal'Ara

PostSubject: Re: Elbows Deep in Engineering   Elbows Deep in Engineering - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:01 pm

"Well, glad to know you have someone keeping you... anchored," she teased.

She cleared her throat, realizing that she was probably making T'Pren uncomfortable.

"But anyway, that is good. It is important to have people you can rely on. Rai seems like a decent person."
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Elbows Deep in Engineering   Elbows Deep in Engineering - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:05 pm

"He is exceptionally decent," came T'Pren's irritable reply, turning her back on the Romulan and taking her frustration out on the diagnostics she was running. "I don't think I would have survived the last two weeks without his support."

She managed to work a few more seconds before she whirled back around on Tal'Ara with a sharp expression on her face. "Why do you keep insinuating that I'm having romantic relations with everyone on the station?"
Back to top Go down
Tal'Ara

Tal'Ara

PostSubject: Re: Elbows Deep in Engineering   Elbows Deep in Engineering - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:30 pm

Tal'Ara was taken aback by her harsh tone.

"Everyone? When did I say everyone? I was only talking about Rai..." she paused. "OH... you mean my comment about Doctor Ozan? I was just teasing. I know you are just friends. But there is something between you and Rai. I can see it... there is nothing wrong with that. It's perfectly natural. Like I said, he seems like a decent person. And exceptionally decent person, even. But we can leave the topic alone if talking about it makes you uncomfortable. It is none of my business, of course."

She smiled apologetically.
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Elbows Deep in Engineering   Elbows Deep in Engineering - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:35 pm

"It isn't your business," T'Pren agreed heatedly, turning back to her work yet again and staring at it rather than actually doing it. Her cheeks flushed and she set her shoulders, eventually abandoning the console in favor of going back under a panel where she wasn't quite so close to the Romulan. "I may act human," she told the grid of chips huffily, "but I'm still half Vulcan."
Back to top Go down
Tal'Ara

Tal'Ara

PostSubject: Re: Elbows Deep in Engineering   Elbows Deep in Engineering - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:43 pm

For a half-Vulcan, she sure is fragile, thought Tal'Ara.

She sighed.

"Well, I think I better let you get back to your work. I've distracted you enough for one day."

She turned away and headed to the door.

But she turned back before she left.

"I'm sorry if I..." she trailed off. "Well, anyway, it was nice spending time with you. We should do it more often."

Tal'Ara frowned. She felt bad for hurting T'Pren's feelings. Because she really did enjoy spending time with her.
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Elbows Deep in Engineering   Elbows Deep in Engineering - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:51 pm

T'Pren worked in silence while Tal'Ara excused herself, but after the Romulan's apology, her expression softened and she signed.

"Commander, wait."

She extricated herself from the panel and sat up to give the other woman a flat but conciliatory look. "I get it a lot," she explained. "The Vulcans think I'm too wild and the humans think I'm a prude. It's a sore subject. I'm sorry."
Back to top Go down
Tal'Ara

Tal'Ara

PostSubject: Re: Elbows Deep in Engineering   Elbows Deep in Engineering - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 6:16 pm

"You have no need to be sorry. I was out of line. It wont happen again," she said, plainly.

Tal'Ara took a breath and examined T'Pren up and down.

She added, "Speaking as a Romulan, I'd say you are just right."
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Elbows Deep in Engineering   Elbows Deep in Engineering - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 6:19 pm

T'Pren smiled gratefully at Tal'Ara for that. "Maybe I should apply for the exchange," she joked.
Back to top Go down
Tal'Ara

Tal'Ara

PostSubject: Re: Elbows Deep in Engineering   Elbows Deep in Engineering - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 10:11 pm

Tal'Ara smirked, "Maybe one day."

She smiled and nodded goodbye, and left the room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elbows Deep in Engineering   Elbows Deep in Engineering - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elbows Deep in Engineering
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Deep Space 15 :: On Board DS15 :: On Board the Hippolyta-
Jump to: